Navigation Bar

Tuesday 3 October 2017

GLASS CEILINGS

"Teach your daughters to worry less about
fitting into glass slippers and more about
shattering glass ceilings."


Pretty photos draw you in, but the real value is in the words and its message.

If you want to make a difference you have to be bold. Do not suppress your opinions. Sure you might rub some people the wrong way but follow your instincts, if you are a good person at heart your opinion will be respected by the majority (because I would like to believe the majority are good).



A fire burns within, I actually get uncomfortable with the term blogger, it has such a superficial connotation. Sure the photos may come off superficial (because it's 'me' 'me' 'me') but really it's simply creative expression. I am not a blogger, I am a journalist. I am not a model, I am an artist. My brief instagram hashtags #blogger helps reach a larger audience, but my hope is that it reaches those who actually care about the world we live in, and the health and wellbeing of their mental self. I strive to create a presence in order to communicate a more significant message.


It is almost like a Miley Cyrus stunt, except not to Miley's extremity. Image of a young Disney star gone rogue but in truth, a person who shows strong support towards philanthropic organisations and activities. Blogger and modelling is the same for me, superficial and shallow only in the eyes of those who are superficial and shallow themselves. Dig a little deeper, look a little harder, there is meaning behind every little thing I do.


My mother raised me up to be a good human being, not just to be a good 'girl'. She has taught me not to be picky about the food I eat, not to whine or complain about hard work, to be able to get my hands dirty, to work hard but also to play hard. All great women of history have been nonconformists. "Here's to strong women. May we know them, may we be them, may we raise them."

Fifth Avenue Dress / Christiaan & York Black Brookfield Watch / Larena Thigh High Boots

1 comment:

Blogger Template ADAPTED FROM The Sunday Studio. All rights reserved. © 2015 The Faceless Style