Navigation Bar

Tuesday 5 September 2017

CONQUER

[Rihanna:] 
I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive
 I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise 
To fly To fly 


Sorry for the hiatus, friends! It has been a busy few months with a focus that strayed away from blogging. When I started this journey, I told myself I would give it 3 years and see where it goes, thinking I'd probably stop after I graduate law. But the 3 month long hiatus left me itching to express myself in some form or another. And thus I have (temporarily) returned.

In hopes of saving money for a bigger trip at the end of the year (Europe here we come!!) I decided let's do a nice Winter road trip up the coast of Western Australia. It's my tradition to always leave the city every holidays and I was not going to break that tradition being stuck in Perth just because I need to be money-wise for my big end-of-year trip. 


So enjoy this photographic documentary of the beautiful trip I took, conquering mother nature's beautiful landscapes with a fierce heart and love on my sleeves (sorry for the lack of materialistic touches of fashion in this month's post). Life is great and I wish I could just pause time and enjoy this forever!


[Nicki Minaj:] 
I wish today it will rain all day 
Maybe that will kinda make the pain go away 
Trying to forgive you for abandoning me 
Praying but I think I'm still an angel away 
Angel away, yeah strange in a way 
Maybe that is why I chase strangers away 
They got their guns out aiming at me 
But I become Neo when they're aiming at me 


As I have said, there was a reason I took that month long break away from The Faceless Style, and it's along the lines of working towards conquering something and prospering. It's still a working progress but for now it's going to have to stay on the low. Now that I'm returning to TFS due to the need to release inner thoughts into physical form to comfort my soul, I return with only monthly posts (not fortnightly).

The future is so vast, with a decision to be made about my career very soon... or not a decision at all given the terrible economic climate in Western Australia right now. Unemployment is on the high and businesses are struggling state-wide.



I just want to be someone that my parents will be proud of, that I can look back and be proud of. To know that I've accomplished something to be proud of... I've always wanted more, maybe too much, maybe setting myself up for disappointment... but don't they say: "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." - Norman Vincent Peale. I don't know how you are all doing, but I hope you are all in a good place, doing something that makes you proud, or at least working towards getting there. And it freaks me out to think that I need to choose a full-time job soon, it freaks me out because we have been conditioned to think this is the job that is the beginning to a life-long career for the next few decades! But truth be told, we can change career pathways WHENEVER we want. I've chosen to commit to studying finance for 3 years without fear, I've chosen to commit to studying law for another 3 years yet with no fear again (even though throughout those 6 years in total, I still had no idea what the hell I wanted to do for a career..). A full-time job is no different... I can commit to something without thinking I am selling my soul for the next few decades, right?



I don't know what the future holds, everything can change within a split moment. Whether I continue to blog every month even after I graduate is still a hanging question... But one thing for sure, I'll definitely continue until I leave for my Europe trip at the end of the year. Meanwhile, do take in this amazing trip that I took with my SO discovering West Australia's natural landscapes. It was a short trip of three days and two nights but as Mumma Chen said: 'It doesn't matter where you go, it's the company that makes it special'. Oh sweet wise woman!


My highlight from this adventure was standing on top of the cliffs staring across the vast ocean with Eagle Gorge majestically surrounding me. Breathtaking to be able to witness the beauty of mother nature in every curve and ridge in those beautiful red rocks. I forever hold a love for the ocean, despite almost killing me in its currents, its alluring blue will always draw me in with desire. 

The water is both peaceful and chaotic, and the Murchison river was a lovely contrast to the wild ocean we had experienced with Eagle Gorge. Winding elegantly through the land, endlessly, it was another beauty to behold. Missing the turn to see Nature's Window (my bad with GPS, as always) we headed to Hawk's Head to see the bottom of this beautiful river.


And new memories were made. Seeing a wild pig eating roadkill on the side of the road and an adorable echidna waddle it's way across the desert sand of The Pinnacles at Nambung National Park were new experiences to hold dear. I thank my love for driving the whole distance and back, and for putting up with my constant rambling (which was only in hopes to keep him awake in case he'd fall asleep). He continues to surprise me in how much of me he can handle with ease (but it takes 2 to tango i.e. I am now immune to gas...). I guess a whole month away with him taking on our next adventure won't be so bad. Bring on Europe 2017/2018!




End of one adventure, and onto our next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template ADAPTED FROM The Sunday Studio. All rights reserved. © 2015 The Faceless Style